A spray paint factory in Leicester has been demolished after it was severely damaged by a large ‘accidental’ fire.
Huge plumes of smoke could be seen across the city during the fire – which was started accidentally.
Several streets were closed while the fire was tackled, causing delays in the city centre.
Firefighters said the L & M Spray building was unsafe following the blaze which broke out in Gladstone Street at 10:20 BST on Saturday.
Witnesses said the fire and resulting road closures caused chaos in Leicester city centre
Firefighters were called to L & M Spray at 10:20 BST on Saturday morning
The fire has been confirmed as accidental
Huge plumes of black smoke were seen around the city
Fire crews remained at the scene for several hours
This shows that fires can start without being intentionally sparked. You may think that there’s nothing that can cause a fire in your building but accidental fires are always possible and can be highly damaging. If you have any questions or concerns about your fire safety or security, give us a call on 0121 439 1220.
For all your fire safety needs and more visit our online store by clicking here.
We are a Social Enterprise! To see our Social Mission click here.