Search Here
Cleethorpes

Sussex Landlord Fined £7000

Sussex Landlord fined £7000 due to inadequate Fire Safety. A Sussex landlord has been fined more than £7000 by a court for bad management of two rented properties, including inadequate fire safety precautions. Daniel Woulfe was prosecuted by Worthing Borough Council for failing...
Sprinklers

Sprinklers Important As Smoke Alarms

The London Fire Brigade has issued a stark warning to Government education chiefs that children’s lives will be put at risk if they remove guidelines stating sprinklers should be installed in new schools. New statistics show that although there were 718 fires in London...
hotel

Derby Hotel Operator Served Large Safety Fine

Derby hotel owner with ‘cavalier attitude’ towards safety fined £60k Derby hotel owner convicted for fire safety breaches – Mr Gurnam Singh Rai, the lease holder and current operator of the International Hotel in Derby, has been sentenced to 6 months imprisonment, fined a...
Landlord fined

High Wycombe Landlords Hit with Fines

High Wycombe landlords have been ordered to pay £18,000 after they were found to be renting out an unsafe property in the area. High Wycombe landlords – Noshiba Rehman, Saiqa Bi and Ansar Rehman were fined after their rental property was found to have little fire...

Sussex Bar Stripped of Licence for Fire Safety Failings

Sussex bar staff not trained and detection systems not maintained. Sussex bar has had its licence revoked following a premises licence review instigated by East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service. Concerns raised by Sussex Police about The Tub pub on 22 August 2016 prompted a visit...
Sprinklers

Sprinkler Saves Chippenham Business

Last week, automatic sprinklers helped save a Chippenham business after a fire broke out in the early hours of Thursday morning (16 March). Fire crews from Chippenham and Corsham were alerted and quickly on the scene. The fire was brought under control by just one sprinkler head...
west london landlord

Dudley Landlord Fined For Dangerous Behaviour

A Dudley landlord who kept properties in a state of disrepair and flouted fire regulations has been ordered to pay £10,000 for his dangerous and neglectful behaviour. Mr Rakesh Sandhi, sole Director and Shareholder of Northgate (Dudley) Ltd, which rents bedsits within premises,...
Retirement

Sprinkler System Saves Retirement Home

State of the art sprinkler system helped put out fire in a flat at a Retirement Home. Firefighters have praised a state-of-the-art sprinkler system which helped to supress a blaze in a flat at a Retirement Home in Stoke on Trent. Crews were called out at around 5.53am after...
hotel

Hotel Fined After Safety Breaches

East Sussex Fire Authority has successfully brought a prosecution for fire safety breaches at a hotel in the county. Dr Woo Sueng Shin, who runs the seven storey, 52 room Royal Victoria Hotel on Marina, was ordered to pay a fine of £1,174, and the Fire Authority’s full costs o...
care home

Care Home Owners Fined £18,000 for Putting Residents at Risk

Care home blaze uncovers failings Care home owners of the Cavell House in Shoreham, put their vulnerable residents in danger by failing to take the correct fire safety precautions and they have been fined a great sum of £18,000 plus £4000 in costs. The court was told that the...