Fire Extinguisher Technician / Sales Office
Location: City Centre Office – Birmingham (West Midlands & Nationwide contracts)
Salary: £18,000 to start – Plus Monthly Bonus & Commission
Job Type: Permanent – Sept/October start for right candidate
Hours: Mon to Thurs 8.00-17.00 – Friday 8.00–16.00
Would you enjoy being part of a Fire Safety Company with strong values and gives back to the community?
Do you want to further your career and possibly have a stake in a fast growing company?
Do you have good communication skills and enjoy building relationships with people?
ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE RELEVANT BAFE QUALIFICATIONS LISTED BELOW
We are the UK’s only Fire Safety Company that operates as a Social Enterprise. We reinvest 50% of our profits into fire safety awareness and other great causes within the community. We have a strong social vision which can be found here
We are dedicated to 100% Customer Satisfaction for our products and services and therefore it is crucial for our fire safety technicians to all have great communication and customer service skills that run alongside the technical skills needed to service and install fire safety equipment
Therefore it is imperative that the Fire Extinguisher Technicians that apply for the role are comfortable with building rapport and building relationships with our customers. Having some up-selling sales experience to earn your commission and bonuses will also be beneficial.
Primary Role Fire Extinguisher Technician including Site Surveys, Installations, Servicing Hose Reels, Extinguishers and Safety Signage. There will also be times that some Fire Extinguisher or Fire Safety Training will be required on site.
Main Duties and Responsibilities –
Within the field
- Carry out scheduled and reactive maintenance in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Effectively communicate with our customers’ to ensure a good understanding of system/equipment status.
- Liaise and co-operate with the service office to complete paperwork in a timely manner and to ensure the needs of our customers’ are met.
- Be responsible for the management, inventory and security of our vehicle’s stock, tools and equipment.
- Operate within the requirements of the company’s Quality Assurance & Health and Safety policies.
- Approach all training positively and complete all duties in a professional manner.
- Be perceptive and aware of further opportunities presenting itself by up-selling our additional products and services
- Be adaptable to changing circumstances and contribute feedback to help further business growth.
You will also need to –
- Develop relationships with other companies,
- Negotiate sales by up-selling our services
- Effectively liaise between customer and office to cater for their needs accordingly.
- Manage and Maintain the paperwork of our pre planned Fire Extinguisher Maintenance Schedules
- Work directly with the MD strategising projects and attend networking and fire safety events if needed
Technical Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Candidates should be Experienced & Qualified to a minimum level of FIA / FETA [Theory & Practice of Servicing Portable Fire Extinguishers] or equivalent level
- It may be beneficial for the candidate to have successfully completed all of the requirements of the BAFE ST104 scheme covering the Maintenance & Servicing of Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Good communication skills; verbal & written.
- Full UK driving license – some licence codes will be accepted (3-6 points only)
- Standard CRB Disclosure [within last 3 years]; can obtain on commencement.
- Experience with Fire Extinguisher Sales is Essential
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Be able to work to targets
- Ability to Prioritise their Workload
- Commission Structure in place enabling additional income to be earned on hitting targets
- Fantastic Development and Progression Opportunities as the Company grows
- Equity options to own a piece of the company
Tools, Equipment & Transport
A company van will be provided which is taken home in the evenings. We will require that the successful applicant has secure parking at home within sight of the house. It is very important that this vehicle is kept clean & presentable.
All PPE (including uniform) are provided by the company. Technicians’ are required to provide their own safety shoes.
SEPT / OCTOBER START FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE – Please email CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com explaining why you are applying for the role and what you have to offer.