A large fire has gutted an old nightclub venue in South Yorkshire.
The old Chicago Rock club, on New Street in Barnsley was “well alight” when firefighters arrived at 05:20 BST.
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said eight fire engines were sent to the large disused building, with the fire brought “under control”.
People have been asked to avoid the area if possible, with West Ways Close shut between the Alhambra and Town End roundabouts.
Nearby Wellington House has been closed, but the Alhambra shopping centre remains open.
South Yorkshire Fire Service said the blaze had been brought ‘under control’
About 30 firefighters were sent to the scene of the old nightclub
Fires can happen at any time and any place. Please do your best to stay safe from fire as we understand the devastation it can cause. Make sure your house, your workplace and your car have all the necessary fire safety equipment to give you the best chance of fighting the fire and staying alive. If your life is in danger, remember to call 999 and as for the Fire Brigade.
The team at fire safety managers work hard every day to help save lives BEFORE the need saving. We do this by raising a profit from servicing and supplying fire safety and security equipment. The profits are then used to educate children on fire safety, raise fire safety awareness in communities and help fire victims rebuild their lives.
You can see our full social mission by clicking here.
Go to our online store by clicking here.
Like us on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram.
We thank you for visiting our website, to find out how you can stay safe from fire give us a call on 0121 439 1220 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re here for you.