Search Here
fire safety rules

Six months in prison for putting lives at risk

An Indian restaurant owner who did not have appropriate fire alarms and blocked escape routes with storage will spend six months behind bars for putting lives at risk. Zamshed Alam, who runs Bengal Raj restaurant on the Boulevard in Weston-super-Mare, pleaded guilty to eight...
Pokémon

Pokémon GO! Or Pokémon STOP!?

The unexpected phenomenon that took us all by surprise. We all thought Nintendo were sleeping, but in July 2016 they awoke! An augmented reality version of the classic game and famous television series was created and developed for smart phones. People downloaded it in their...
phone

Phone fire leaves cyclist with severe burns

Mr Clear posted pictures of his injury on Twitter An Australian man is asking Apple to warn the public about the dangers of mobile phone batteries after his iPhone 6 caught fire, leaving him with severe burns. Gareth Clear, a 36-year-old management consultant from Sydney, told...
brighton landlord

Landlord caught out by candle fire

Matthew Ryan, a landlord in North Kensington was told to pay £5,500 after appearing at Hammersmith Magistrates’ Court   A landlord who failed to provide proper fire protection for tenants living in his property in North Kensington has been fined £4,000 and ordered to...
Incraesed

Arsonist Attacks Acocks Green

This is the moment a suspected arsonist torches a house in Acocks Green – sparking a massive blaze which forced neighbours to be evacuated . Fire ripped through the premises in Broad Road on the night of July 24, in an incident which locals said caused tremors and the “floor to...
fire service

Fire Service medical scheme continued

The fire service in County Durham have saved 24 lives since the launch of a new scheme earlier this year which saw firefighters respond to emergency calls. County Durham and Darlington fire service has been called out to 1,758 emergency medical response incidents, arriving on the...
Nursing home

Older people; Higher risk of danger

Home is where we feel safe, but it is also the place where we’re most likely to die in a fire. For the older generation, the most recent government statistics are shocking. In the 2014/15 government report, it was found that 41% of all fatalities from fires in England were...
council

Council fine landlords £11,000

Three landlords fined £11,000 by council for housing offences Obstructed stairs on 3rd floor landing at Shezan restaurant property Credit: OCC Three Oxford landlords were fined a total of £11,000 after being convicted of housing offences. Environmental Health Officers from Oxford...
lancashire loandlord

Homeowners face £28k charges

Homeowners will have to foot a massive bill up to €2.2m after serious fire safety issues were discovered in a city centre apartment complex, the Herald can reveal. The Distillery apartments in north Dublin – finished in 2005 at the height of the boom – is the latest...
bus

Bus fire kills 26 people

At least 26 people have died after a tour bus caught fire in Taiwan’s Taoyuan city, according to local officials. The bus smashed into a roadside barrier on a national highway and caught fire, Taiwan’s Central News Agency (CNA) reported. It had been bringing the group...