Search Here
toaster

Toaster fire rips through university

A toaster fire casused the smoke that was seen billowing from the Clarendon Institute in Oxford city centre A large fire at a university building in Oxford’s city centre is believed to have started in a toaster. About 20 firefighters tackled the blaze for several hours at...
helicopter

Helicopter fire on Snowdonia peak

An RAF helicopter has burst into flames on a Snowdonia peak after being forced to land due to a technical problem. All five people who were on board the helicopter from RAF Valley on Anglesey have been reported safe and did not need hospital treatment. Emergency services were...
construction site

Construction site £100k fine for no safety

South Wales based J G Hale Construction Ltd has been fined £100,000 for running an unsafe timber-frame construction site. An HSE picture of the construction site in use Cwmbran Magistrates’ Court heard that HSE launched an investigation on 27 July after making an unannounced...
blaze

Blaze seen from Bewdley

13:27 Chemical caught alight and spread to cars and a factory West Midlands Fire Service received scores of calls to the blaze. It said the fire broke out in Rufford Street after a chemical caught alight and spread to cars and a factory. 13:28 Smoke from massive blaze filling the...

Fire destroys indoor complex

Traders have been left devastated after a major blaze ripped through a bowling alley and indoor market. Twenty-two fire engines were called at about 03:20 BST to the Regent Superbowl and indoor market in Great Yarmouth. The blaze engulfed the Regent Road building, causing it to...
fire safety rules

Six months in prison for putting lives at risk

An Indian restaurant owner who did not have appropriate fire alarms and blocked escape routes with storage will spend six months behind bars for putting lives at risk. Zamshed Alam, who runs Bengal Raj restaurant on the Boulevard in Weston-super-Mare, pleaded guilty to eight...
Pokémon

Pokémon GO! Or Pokémon STOP!?

The unexpected phenomenon that took us all by surprise. We all thought Nintendo were sleeping, but in July 2016 they awoke! An augmented reality version of the classic game and famous television series was created and developed for smart phones. People downloaded it in their...
phone

Phone fire leaves cyclist with severe burns

Mr Clear posted pictures of his injury on Twitter An Australian man is asking Apple to warn the public about the dangers of mobile phone batteries after his iPhone 6 caught fire, leaving him with severe burns. Gareth Clear, a 36-year-old management consultant from Sydney, told...
brighton landlord

Landlord caught out by candle fire

Matthew Ryan, a landlord in North Kensington was told to pay £5,500 after appearing at Hammersmith Magistrates’ Court   A landlord who failed to provide proper fire protection for tenants living in his property in North Kensington has been fined £4,000 and ordered to...
Incraesed

Arsonist Attacks Acocks Green

This is the moment a suspected arsonist torches a house in Acocks Green – sparking a massive blaze which forced neighbours to be evacuated . Fire ripped through the premises in Broad Road on the night of July 24, in an incident which locals said caused tremors and the “floor to...