Search Here

Toaster fire rips through university

A toaster fire casused the smoke that was seen billowing from the Clarendon Institute in Oxford city centre A large fire at a university building in Oxford’s city centre is believed to have started in a toaster. About 20 firefighters tackled the blaze for several hours at...
fire safety rules

Six months in prison for putting lives at risk

An Indian restaurant owner who did not have appropriate fire alarms and blocked escape routes with storage will spend six months behind bars for putting lives at risk. Zamshed Alam, who runs Bengal Raj restaurant on the Boulevard in Weston-super-Mare, pleaded guilty to eight...